Saturday, September 8, 2012

Refreshing Peach Lemonade



Welcome back Summer. I don't know how weather has been for you guys, but the past week or so the temperature has been a little on the chilly side. Except today. Today it's over 90 degrees. So while I sat in my apartment in front of my fan - I had a little craving for lemonade. The perfect Summer drink. So I ran to my kitchen and started mixing my concoction when I had another thought. You want to know what would make it even more perfect? Peaches. They're on sale right now at one of my local grocery stores - so I stocked up. I'm totally putting peaches in this lemonade.

I absolutely love peaches. They've been one of my favorite foods ever since I was a little kid. I remember going over to my Grandma's house about this time of year when I was younger and we would can peaches for the rest of the season. Then she would make these amazing peach pies, crisps, and cobblers. I gotta give her a call. We really need to do that again - and I really need to make some peach pie this Fall. So enjoy the recipe - I'm sipping on some right now. Oh yeah - and it's refined sugar free! Can't beat that!

Ingredients: 
  • 4 cups of water
  • 2 cups of chopped fresh or frozen peaches
  • 1/2 cup agave nectar
  • 1 cup of fresh lemon juice (about 3 large lemons or 6 smaller lemons)
  • 4 cups of ice
  • 1 peach cut into wedges for the pitcher
  • 1 lemon cut into slices for the pitcher

Mix the water, peaches, and agave nectar together in a big sauce pot. Bring to a boil, stir, and allow to simmer for three minutes. Once it's done simmering, remove the pot from the heat and allow to cool for twenty minutes. Once it's done cooling - pour it into a blender or use an immersion blender to create a puree. 

Juice your lemons until you've got 1 cup of fresh lemon juice. Pour the ice into a large pitcher followed by the lemon juice. Pour your cooled, pureed peach mixture into the pitcher and stir until well combined. Add in the sliced peach and lemon for decoration. Serve chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment